Saturday, 16 April 2016

A sunny day in Bridlington

Oh my word what a chilly night. I didn't sleep properly we have a double ready bed and a sleeping bag on top of that and I was still cold.
We made a coffee then disassembled the beds. After getting dressed we made our way to Bridlington sea front to have some breakfast on Betsy. TOP TIP parking is free on the side with the housing.
Being a Sunday morning there was plenty of time to have a walk before the shops opened. When we go for a walk we always head towards the harbour. I suggested that we go the other way since we've never done it before. Dogs are allowed on the beach up to 1st May.
I got out some old shoes for everyone (beach shoes) and wrapped us all up in jumpers and warm coats before heading off.
It looked a lovely day but it was actually still quite chilly, I regret taking the gloves out of bags before we set off. We walked and admired the views. we looked for any interesting shells to take home.

We walked quite far down the beach till we ran out of promenade. We thought it was a good idea to turn around and start to head back.
We talked about spending the afternoon on the beach and making a hot chocolate for the boys to warm them up when we got back to the bus. I really enjoyed walking on the beach, the fact it was nearly empty except for a few people who were walking dogs.
We got down to where we were parked and the boys were admiring the machinery on the promenade by the Spa. They're building a new lifeboat station so there is a portion of the prom sealed off right where the toilets are too!
We got back on Betsy and I put the kettle on, I made the boys some hot chocolate to warm them up again and a digestive biscuit to keep them going. We had a coffee then decided that he shops were probably open now. I got the boys wrapped up again and put on their normal shoes. TBC...

No comments:

Post a Comment